You want more red rock structures?! Well too bad, here are some more. Esther was right, it does get to be nature drain after a while, oh look a 3000ft coral colored monolith........what should I have for dinner? It is all beautiful but strangely repetitious. I headed to the park not too early and it is strange how Zion does things. They have a road that goes through zigzags and a tunnel for you to drive, then the other half of the park is strictly by shuttle. Drops you off, you hike, take pictures, get back on, go to the next stop. It would be cool if they had a cash cab here, although the stops are quick (ok, which national park was created by traveling gypsies?) I have found that all parks except glacier put the roads just in the right spots. So you really dont have to hike to get that perfect view. Glacier will say, you can park here but there is a really cool lake 5 miles up that dirt trail, oh bring water and watch for the grizzlies. Zion is great though, sheer rock faces that go up for a few thousand feet with a beautiful tree lined river at the bottom. I ate lunch at this really cool market, fruit stand, organic food place. They had Internet and the sandwiches were made to order with special bread, avocado, sprouts, etc. very refreshing. Will take a nap and perhaps venture out to town to see what goes on. Although I did find out that this city is currently hosting the yearly Shakespearean festival. The bars should be hoppin......like a star trek convention. I put this post up early because so many people get online in these campgrounds at night it comes to a grinding halt and it is nearly impossible to upload pictures
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment