I made the short trip from cannonville (pop 98) to Cedar City Ut. It was about 80 miles, the shortest of my trips thus far. I heard an interesting radio show this morning, it was called tradio. The show consisted of people calling in and saying what they had for sale, kind of like craigslist on the radio. I wonder if they know the internet exists out here? or if the mormons are even allowed. A guy was selling an acre of land, one lady needed a boy scout uniform, another was selling a tractor. Not real enteraining, the host tried, but somehow mesmerising. I got to the campground real early, and decided to set camp and get some stuff done. I went grocery shopping, got a haircut, oil change, laundry, etc. I was able to get out and see the north side of Zion. There was a fire goin on, which you will see in the pictures. I was talking to a forest ranger and he said It was from a lightning strike the night before. There were about 3 thunderstorms here today, just like home. I am going to stay here for three nights then go to Vegas. It is nice to slow it down get settled in to one place for a few days, I did that in south dakota and in Glacier and it makes me feel quite relaxed. Tomorrow I will go travel the 40 or so miles to the south entrance where all the hikes and sites are.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment