I reformatted the site so you can scroll down and see all of the posts and pictures on one page.
I had a great time in Jackson over the past few days, went to a very good barbeque place, Q barbeque and saw an awesome bluegrass band, (the covered the white stripes, dylan, nirvana) I even shared with them the felice brothers via ipod and they said they will put one of them in their next show. The place was cool kind of upscale but a vintage interior and you could drop penuts on the floor. Had a kick ass pulled pork sandwich with snake river brew. I awoke today to the first cloudy day in quite some time. Not complaining, sometimes you need to go easy on the eyes while driving, and driving I did today. Almost 200 miles, left the mountains of Jackson for the hot, dry, barren, treeless southern wyoming. I saw the most police cars I have seen since nj. route 191 is a 120 mile speed trap. The subaru continues to be rock solid, got 36 mpg on the trip today, not bad for a car that is rated 23-28. The town I am in is much the same, dry( only get 8 inches a year, it is trying to rain today, you can see it, but it is not hitting the ground, thats called verga kids).I think we got 8 inches of rain in a week in June. I saw two types of cowboy while I was in Jackson and the surrounding area. The fru fru cowboy, fresh with his neckerchief, shined boots, buckle, best hat, not a hair out of place, and smelled better than their wives, (I kept stairing at them, cause do people really wear neckerchiefs!?, I think he thought I was sweet on him). And then there is the the real cowboy the one who I saw herding horses, and ridin fences (sshhh elaine this in my song!). No contest of who is the cooler cowboy. Got set up today put up the tent and then a wind storm came and I heard the familiar crack of poorly made fiberglass. The tent co. is going to send me replacements, maybe to vegas in about a week. they should give me a refund, anyway, gonna get some sleep, last night was a long one, and head out to flaming gorge in the morning, I hear its super cool, cant wait to see it. Not much for scenery today, but I did my best.
No comments:
Post a Comment