Today I saw my fist police car since St. Paul Minnesota. Over 600 miles of driving! More rain today, well at 430 am. And it just wasnt rain, hail too. That is why I am in Spearfish South Dakota in a KOA cabin. Two days of rough weather driving and sightseeing affords me some indoor r&r. I am going to stay here until monday morning. Will do a day trip to Deadwood and perhaps devils tower. But looking forward to relaxing and recharging a bit. I have seen so much and my head is tired from all of the sites. The driving is not too bad, I have never found it a problem really. As per usual everyone is super nice. The KOA has all you can eat ice cream tonight.....for 2.50, they dont know what hit em.
Bandlands is truely awesome, everyone should go, the colors of the rock constantly change and you can never take a bad picture.
Mount Rushmore was good, nice to finally put a "name to a face". You see the pictures but it is really cool up close. My camera did a great job getting right up close.
Although it will be great one day, I was not impressed with Crazy horse, not for 10 dollars at least.
I did see something perculiar today. I was in Rapid City SD getting my oil changed when 2 four wheelers pulled up on the street light. Now this is a four lane road through town! At first I thought I was in a rap video and was looking for Eve and the Wu tang clan. but no I guess you can drive four wheelers on the street. It was confirmed when driving through town I passed a sonic and a man and his son were in the drive up space in a 4 wheeler, but this is the one with a truck back and a roll bar. Priceless. I wouldnt have thought much of it for small town america, but this town has 67,000 people! crazy. A few pics of bandlands then Mt. Rushmore
this is amazing. Now i'm getting the fever to do the same.
ReplyDeletethe badlands are much more amazing than the grand canyon. I agree about Crazy Horse...but now you can say you were there!
ReplyDelete