Monday, July 20, 2009

Yellowstone






















My first full day in Yellowstone has brought many things. The weather has been great, but cold in the morning, another 40 degree night, but the stars were out in full force. They are better here than they were in Glacier. This is a completly different experience than Glacier. The size of the park is staggering. I drove about 150 miles today going to different attractions. Nice stuff, but the people....the people. A little bit of new jersey came out of me today. I consider this a nature amusement park, or drive-by nature. People will randomly pull off to the side of the road to see some bison, or pull back on to the road when they are done taking their pictures. It is a little like manhattan, really. People loose all sense of decorum, when they see wildlife. I am shocked there are not accidents all over. So I was getting a little annoyed, the jersey driver came out, it wasnt me, everyone was just driving where ever they wanted. I am going off the grid for a few days, staying in the park, then headed down to grand tetons for a few. Will try to post as many pictures as I can

No comments:

Post a Comment