It was off to a spot that not many people know about, but Lynell told me I would not be disappointed. I wasnt, but when I first got here I was disappointed by the weather. Off and on showers put a damper on the early morning, but I was able to squeeze in some sightseeing and there were some breaks of sun amidst the thunder and rain. This place is a outdoors persons dream. Plenty of campgrounds that go right up the the waters edge, camping in huge pines with 1700 ft drops just feet away. You can fish, fourwheel, boat, water ski, anything you want, on this almost 100 mile long crack in the ground. It has a dam at one end, I didnt take a dam picture! That is for Hoover, Clark. The sun broke through enough to see the great colors of the rock. It is a really cool place. It is what the bandlands would look like if water ran through it. There were literally hundreds of campers lined up of the banks, it has to be a great time at night, even if most of it is in Utah. Im in a great campground and am hunkered down for some more rain, which is 50/50. I got a steak for the grill and I will leave tomorrow for Moab UT. Home of Canyonland NP and Arches. I am sure the weather will be hotter and dryer. The weather is such a contrast, in Glacier and yellowstone I had to wear ski hat gloves, couple shirts, sweatshirt, pants with sweatpants over, (who knew to bring my north face sleeping bag for summer). Now it is t-shirt, sweats and a sheet, all within about 400 miles. Oh and I found were all lost dogs go when they leave home.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment