Sunday, July 12, 2009

And on the Seventh Day......


.....he rested. I am in Spearfish SD today, doing some searching around town, reading, making burgers, and drying out the tent. And today will be the first day I dont buy gas. It is a nice little town with the largest walmart I have ever seen. This one has a deli and they prepare food, and you can sit down and eat. old navy: walmart: as banana republic: wegmans, dont know where that puts the gap, but still impressive. The KOA here has a large selection of beer!? Fat tire from Colorado, and stuff I have never seen. I am going to drive the 4 miles to deadwood then come back and have the first, and last, Spearfish microbrew taste off. It is either that or all you can eat ice cream again. hmmmm.

Good choice on the cabin, at 10 pm, clear skies, at 6 am, a thundertorm that shook the earth. The KOA lady at the desk thought I had e.s.p and said this morning"how did you know it would rain?" This is after the computer said I was staying for two nights when I only registered for one. weird....

Again, more 4 wheelers on the road, has to be great on car insurance and gas, imagine coming to work on your bitchin quad?

It is on to Montana tomorrow, with the ultimate goal of Glacier Nat. Park. The weather calls for some more t-storms, but I got the tent thing pretty much figured out, I actually had a dream about it.

Some random stuff:

passed 2000 miles driven

reading: the lost continent:travels in small town america, by bill bryson

the reagan diaries

Road Music: The Jayhawks, Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams, clap your hands say yeah, and mix cds from my students,(thanks!!), and a few good stations out of stugris.

1 comment:

  1. damn i should have mad a mix cd. storms must be cool when youre not in a tent. watch it in glacier national.... grizzly bears attack!!

    ReplyDelete