Saturday, July 18, 2009

Glacier NP-Friday














































CLICK ON THESE PICTURES FOR FULL SCREEN!!!


Most of the people who work around glacier are not from glacier. They do like an exchange system, help comes from all over, California, Alabama, Colombia, etc..
I took a similar route up to babb on friday but hiked a different location. This was also 10+ miles to Iceburg lake. My legs felt a little tired from the day before, my feet hurt, but I think the hot tub helped. It was a great flat walk for most then I chose to go up and around the lake, that was a perverbial "hike" I saw a moose, huge, and I also started clapping on the trail, there were not many people around, and this was prime low lying, berry, bear area. I did hear a snort or a huff, dont know if it was a moose or a bear, but I double timed it up the trail! When I got around a bend I saw quite a vision. Two women in bikinis headed my way! I guess they were going swimming in Iceburg lake, but man! Every person on the trails looks like a Cabelas/EMS/Rei manequin. Not these two. Wonder if they had bear spray.....I almost turned around!
When I was done I was wipped. Went to an outside bar, had a few, went back to the hot tub. Did you know that amish girls sunbathe with those scarves on their heads? I didnt.

Anyway, this is the place to be, If anyone wants to come here after seeing these pics, I will be first in line. And you can fly in and drive an hour. On to Sat.

1 comment: