Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yellowstone-Day 2/3
















I realise where the term "not a happy camper" originated, Yellowstone. I have to tell you that I am not a fan of the place, sure old faithful is cool (I got that on video0 and some of the sights are nice, but I drove over 300 miles to see a few things. There are so many trees most of the views wiped out. So you drive 35 miles an hour and see a waterfall, then back in the car and go 19 miles to see a thermal field, then you drive 22 miles( which takes 50 minutes because of construction) just to get to the campsite. Which is a bitch in itself. They get full so fast, some of your day is spent procuring a space. The campsite was generic, I did meet two couples from NJ. One had an olde queens t-shirt on. I sat and read a book yesterday after I checked in, took a nap, and got a wicked farmers tan. The sun is a bit stronger when it is only 91 1/2 million miles away, whew. The campground looked like the infield at a nascar race. There was a buffalo that was roaming through the camp though. Another cold night, 40 but I cranked the heat before turning in. Got up early and busted out of yellowstone. Good things were right down the road. The Grand Tetons (click on the black picture, it is the big dipper with some trees in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment