Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Austin Texas













Hello from Austin! I have been here for just over 24 hours and I have had a good time thus far. Last night I headed to a bar that was next door to my hotel (oh sweet hotel), and had dinner and made my game plan. I went downtown to see some bands, I saw Our Lady Peace and a band called faceless werewolves. Both great shows. Austin is not what I thought, It is more city than I imagined. But 6th street is amazing. There are tons of bars, places to eat and music. aaannnddd throw in the University of Texas which is intertwined in the city and youve got gold. It is super hot here, over 100 both days with some humidity. So much so that I think that is the reason that my beloved camera quit. It started activing funny, no focus, no taking pictures, and then just crapped out. I talked to the panasonic people, they send send it in, if its before the year warranty (which it isnt by 2 weeks) we will replace it. Just send the manual, cords, batteries, etc. Ummm Im in Austin texas....I cant do that...... I guess I will head out tomorrow and try to replace the best camera I have ever had. Remember the old days of pre computer software cameras, when it was only mechanical? but its only money right!? The pics were pre crash. Will report back with day 2 and 3 soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Did you have a chance to check out Johnson's Presidential Libraray on the University campus? I was there several years ago, and enjoyed it.
    Have a safe journey home.
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete