Saturday, August 8, 2009

Petrified Forest to Albuquerque










































































































There is nothing better than having your expecations exceeded. It has only happened to me a couple times on the trip. Tody was one of those days. I went to petrified forest in the morning and was blown away. It is desolate but lying on top of the ground are the coolest rocks you will ever see. I was not ready for how they look like real wood. What made it so cool was that you sit there in the desert and think back to when the area was a large, wet forest. (there must have been a lot of suv's back then to make it a hot desert) I am really happy with the pictures. I think I took more today than I did for the entire trip at yellowstone. I-40 is the transportation king of highways. I hadnt seen many trucks on my trip, but today made up for it. Just one big line of freight moving from one side of the country to the other. I think I found the best KOA in the country. It offers cable tv, air, in my cabin, free pancake breakfast, and a coupon for a free buffet at a casino that is 2 miles away. Now that is camping. I have mapped out my time until I get to New orleans and I am looking forward to meeting up with friends and having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment