Thursday, August 6, 2009

I took all the dam pictures I wanted











I got back on the road today, and as great as it was to see my family, It was strangely nice to get back on the road. I had a great time in Vegas, my cousins Jake and Luke were great hosts, as well as my aunt sue and uncle bob. Vegas is great and I will be visiting there again soon. But today I got back to business of my trip. I left vegas early and got to the Hoover Dam relatively early in the day, it was still 94 there. The place is impressive, what is really cool is the bypass bridge that they are building just south of the dam. Very cool. I then headed to Williams, Arizona. I checked into the KOA, a cabin for tonight, (it is really windy and decided to give tent life a rest with 40 mph gusts). I then took the 50 mile trip to the Grand Canyon. What a huge place. The sheer size of the hole in the ground is impressive. It just stretches for miles. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The colors are great. There are so many people from other countries here it is amazing. I rarely heard English on my time at grand canyon. It is worth the trip. I then went to the town of Williams for a grocery store to get some dinner. What I found was a welcomed surprise. Williams lies on on the famed route 66, and the downtown is set up to take advantage. I have never seen so many restaurants in such a small town. Bars, brew pubs and any kind of food you could want. I went to a brew pub that had a great selection of beers and a killer pulled pork (not as good as my cousin Lukes though) I had some good beer and great conversation with some locals, it was a good time. When I headed back to the KOA the night was cool with a stiff breeze. Not like Vegas with its hot wind, very refreshing, I will go from here to Flagstaff, then to Sedona for the day, utimately winding up in Holbrook, AZ right next to Petrified forest np. The parks are starting to dwindle and I will be getting to more cities (Austin, New orleans) cant wait, but I am sad that this part of my trip is winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment