Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sights, Signs and obervations




Not signs that you typically see in the northeast. The multi arrow sign is for a circle, they have circles in Sedona! But they are very small and tight. The sun went down in AZ at 7:15 (they do not observe daylight savings in AZ). So in just under a month I have lost nearly 3 hours of daylight compared to the northern latitudes of Montana, that is crazy. People continue to be great, this country is filled with generous, good willed people. I have driven around 6300 miles thus far, and Iam not really tired of driving?! In my next life I will be a long haul trucker. $1.99 all you can eat pancakes is bad for me.... and the KOA that offered it. Not much in the way of pictures traveling through New Mexico, perhaps tomorrow when I go to Carlsbad caverns.






































































2 comments:

  1. Living in the middle of mountain lion country, they have given us some advice about scaring them off. Try to stand tall and make yourself look as big and forboding as possible. Cats are sneaky. They will try to get you from behind when you are crouched down. They have been successfully driven away by a friend throwing rocks while watching her biking partner being mauled. Hopefully you won't see these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty wild signs. can't get over the old cars from the 30's. looks like the cars were used by baby face nelson, john dillinger, or machine gun Kelly

    ReplyDelete